Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 8 EOC: The Adventure

Dear Friends,

In my most recent adventure to Panama, I came across a delicacy that just had to be shared with the rest of the world!  Platanos or plantains, are a green banana shaped fruit.  It is also a member of the banana family.  This fruit can be cooked and served in a number of dishes, including desserts!  The most popular way to prepare and serve this fruit is by slicing, seasoning, and frying into chips.

How did I find this delicious fruit?  Well, that’s where the adventure comes into play.  I decided to go zip lining along the top of the jungle canopy, as a way to see the deepest parts of the rain forest.  On a particularly long run, I felt some jerkiness in my harness.  Upon reaching the end of the line, I discovered that some of my equipment was malfunctioning.  I climbed down and began walking from there.

I came across a small village in a beautiful clearing.  Luckily, I speak enough spanish to get by and began conversing with the locals.  I happened to come along right as they were preparing lunch, and they invited me to stay for the meal.  There were empanadas, pasteles, arroz con pollo, and tortillas with varying ingredients.  While everything was delicious, my favorite was the fried platanos!  They had a dessert version that was prepared with vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar.  I preferred the sliced, fried chips seasoned with salt.

Upon my return from Panama, I immediately began marketing and production of this new wonderful snack!  Panama Plantains are currently being packaged and will hit stores on New Years Day!  Be prepared for an explosion of the senses!

Sincerely,

Phileas Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment